One of my favorite appetizers to order when my husband and I go out is Spinach and Artichoke dip. I’m also a huge fan of the homemade version that often makes an appearance at family barbecues throughout the summer. I seriously cannot get enough of the stuff! So upon review of a few recipes, I decided that I had to make a vegetarian Spinach and Artichoke Pasta recipe that was quick and easy enough for dinner. This warm and cheesy dish is definitely it!
For this recipe you will need:
- Penne Pasta (1 box)
- Vegetable Broth (about 2-3 cups)
- Butter (3 Tbsp.)
- Garlic Cloves (4, minced)
- Mushrooms (1 pkg sliced white)
- Flour (4 Tbsp)
- Heavy Whipping Cream (3/4 cup)
- Parmesan Cheese, finely shredded (1/2 cup, plus some for sprinkling)
- Artichoke Hearts (1 can quartered)
- Frozen chopped Spinach (1 box, thawed)
- Thyme (dried, about 1 Tbsp)
- Pepper (to taste)
Start off by gathering your ingredients and ensuring that your frozen spinach is properly thawed. You’ll also want to press it onto a plate with paper towels to soak up excess water or you’ll end up adding the water to your sauce later. If you don’t want to deal with the frozen spinach, feel free to use fresh. I’m sure it would be delicious!
Now that you’ve gathered your ingredients, get the water ready to boil your pasta so that it will be ready when you need it. Once it’s boiling, go ahead and prepare your pasta Continue reading